Friday, November 18, 2011

Semana 18


Lunes el 14 de noviembre – día 120
Monday I got up and had some breakfast, then studied for my test in psicolingüística.  I had some lunch then studied some more.  I went to yoga later that evening.

Clarisa left Sunday to go see her dad (who was in the hospital) in Brazil so for dinner Lu made milanesa and salad.  After I ate I showered and went to bed.

Martes el 15 de noviembre
I woke up and had breakfast then walked to castellano.  After class I walked home and made myself some lunch then spent the afternoon studying.

For dinner I had some pasta, then showered, studied some more and went to bed.

Miercoles el 16 de noviembre
Wednesday I got up and had breakfast then set to work studying some more.  I had some lunch then took a colectivo to my UCA class, where I turned in my final video project!  Unfortunately I still have to go to class next week, but we’re just watching more final projects, and it’s actually nice to see everyone’s projects.  After class I took a colectivo home and studied some more. 

Clarisa was supposed to be home today, but unfortunately her father passed away, so she had to delay her return.

I made myself a salad for dinner, studied some more and then went to bed.

Jueves el 17 de noviembre.
On Thursday I woke up early, showered, and studied all morning. 

Around noon I left the house and  took a bus to microcentro and ate a really delicious pizza place called El Cuartito, which one of the girls in my UBA class recommended.  I got a slice of pizza napolitana and a spicy beef empanada (which was really overpriced but I really wanted an empanada).  The empanada was kind of lacking, but the pizza was absolutely delicious!



After I ate my lunch I walked to the IFSA office to pick up my ferry ticket for our trip to Uruguay! 
On my way to IFSA

Obelisco

I then made my way to UBA for my parcial.  I arrived about an hour and a half early so I sat in the hall and studied.  I was super worried about the test because it determines if I spend my last two weeks enjoying Buenos Aires or studying for an oral final that might kill me.  I think the test went well, but I won’t know until two Mondays from now (grades are being posted next Thursday but I’ll be in Uruguay).

When I finished my test I took the bus home.  Clarisa was home when I got there, and she was surprisingly upbeat.  She said while it was terrible to see her dad in the hospital, and it was a sad event, there was a good side to it, as she got to meet her half sister, who she’d never had a relationship with before. 

Clarisa said she didn’t want to cook so we ordered a pizza for dinner (my second pizza of the day, but I’m not complaining, the pizza here is delicious).

After dinner we had some tea and talked, then I went to bed.

Viernes el 18 de noviembre
Today marks exactly 4 months here!!!!!  This seems absolutely insane to me, and I can’t believe I’ve been here for that long…

I woke up and had some breakfast before walking to yoga.  After yoga I walked home and showered then made myself some lunch while I watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (in Spanish).

I did some castellano homework then went to print out a form and decided to take a walk because it was so nice out (I’m really not looking forward to going home to freezing temperatures and ice).  I stopped at Freddo and got a cone of chocolate Freddo, which is chocolate ice cream with hazelnuts, yum!

I came home and watched some random TV shows (I tried to work on my castellano essay but I couldn’t focus).

For dinner Clarisa and I had hot dogs and potato salad, then I went upstairs got ready for bed.

Un beso,
Taylor

Random Photo:
Store window scrabble!

No comments:

Post a Comment